Monday, March 15, 2010

`` If U Forget Me ``

I want U 2 know one thing.
U know how this is:
if I look at d Crystal Moon,
at d Red Branch of d slow Autumn at my Window,
if I touch near d fire d impalpable ash or d wrinkled body of d log,
everything carries me 2 u,
as if everything that exists, aromas, light, metals,
were little boats that sail toward those isles of urs that wait 4 me.

Well, now, if little by little u stop loving me I shall stop loving u little by little.

If suddenly U forget me dnt look 4 me,
for I shall already hv 4gotten U.

If u think it long n mad,
d wind of banners that passes through my life,
n u decide 2 leave me at d Shore of d heart whr I hv roots, remember that on that day,
at that hour,

I shall lift my arms n my roots will set off 2 seek another land.

by Pablo Neruda

No comments:

Post a Comment